(Courtesy of Amanda Dixon)
As previously announced, this year’s HOA Board Member election will primarily take place electronically. To make sure you are ready to cast your vote, please take a few minutes to complete this test vote. The test vote survey’s food truck preferences but please vote regardless of whether you participate in the neighborhood food trucks.
First, log in to the new secure Lakevale website. To do this, go to Lakevale.org and click the login button located in the top right of your screen. Your login credentials are the same as those used to login to Member Splash. If you have any trouble logging in, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then, click the link below to vote. If you are logged in, you will be directed to the “Test Vote for HOA Election – Food Truck Form”. If you aren’t taken directly to the form, you can also find the form under the “Events” menu on the Lakevale website home page.
Once you’ve completed the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
We have received questions about how residents without internet service will vote. The Block Captains have polled each of their blocks and identified residents that do not use email or the internet. These residents will receive a paper ballot.
The HOA Board Member Election ballot will be posted electronically on or around December 15th. We will announce the start of electronic voting in the Luminary and on Facebook.
Per our bylaws, residents can always vote in person at the Meeting of the Members in January.
Instructions for logging into Member Splash
To log into your new account, follow these steps:
1. Go to https://lakevale.org click on the Member Login link at the top of the page.
2. The username for your account is the primary email address associated with your account (i.e., the email address to which your pool renovation survey was sent). If your email address doesn’t work, try your spouse’s. Once you’ve accessed your account, you can change the primary email address on the account.
3. The default password for your account is Lakevale. *IMPORTANT: You will see a reminder that you are using the default password. Change it to something secure. If you ever lose your password, you can use the password reset link (but this will require a valid email address on file). You can store one email address per adult member by clicking Edit next to their name on the account management screen.
4. Update your account to reflect all the members of your household. Add a birthdate for all minors. Add pictures to the account information (if you plan to access the pool). The pictures are used to properly identify members for pool entry.
– You can change the username on your account. It doesn’t have to stay an email address.
– If you have more than one adult in your household, the billing contact was randomly assigned to one of the adults. When you update your account, you can change the person assigned as the billing contact. The HOA will use the email address for the billing contact as the primary email address for your household. That means HOA Communications will be sent to this email address.